F-105 II: Side B out now!
TOUR: 'The F-105 II BC With II Jabs II Sing Tour 2021' Dates announced
With venues slowly opening F-105 will be starting with open mics from Toronto to BC. Click to sign up for live notifications near you with Bandsintown
F-105 to perform two days at Skylight Festival 2021 Aug 28 & 29 - Time TBA
F-105's virtual performance of 'Viljo & Elsa' and 'Evergreen' for Finn Festival Canada is live now
F-105 II: Side BF-
"The EP is so acoustic and folky that we found ourselves wanting to feature it here... the themes of the album relate to self-reflection, the places we’ve gone in our lives and one’s place in the universe. The production values lend themselves to those reflective themes." - ROOTS MUSIC CANADA
"Finally Found a Way from F-105 11: Side B: is really a grade A tune that both rocks and rolls, and all with little more than an acoustic guitar and a lot of heart. It will put a spring in your step" - PHIL TAYLOR, Erin Radio 91.7 FM Music Director
“Evergreen made me feel instantly uplifted. It reaches in and instills hope, it has the same effect for me as The Beatles ‘Let It Be’, comforted that things will be ok. Meaningful and beautiful. Also, Shades of Neil Young and Bono” - KATE MATUSZEWSKI, President, Elliot Lake Entertainment Series
"Love what I'm hearing. The singer-songwriter genre is sadly lacking these days. 'Evergreen' has a full on James Taylor vibe, and 'If I Were About To Die' is more contemporary - love the message and backing vocal call and response."
- JAIMIE VERNON, The Canadian Pop Music Encyclopedia
"I'm listening to Finally Found A Way and this is a real deal folk-rock jam!"
- CHANCELOR MARACLE, CFRC 101.9 FM Kingston, Ontario
"If I Were About To Die incorporates intriguing vocal harmonies, and Finally Found A Way features a nice fat sound with acoustic guitar and harmonica playing a swingy groove. Bull Out Of The Gate has a country rock edge to it.
Evergreen is the lead track, a love song with a northern geography woven into the words. The song is not afraid to situate itself along the Canadian Shield or Muskoka Waters, like the steadfast evergreen of its title."
- ANYA WASSENBERG, Art and Culture Maven
"I can feel your heart on every song"- RICHARD WOLOWSKI, Skywalking Through Neverland
"It's a great album, everyone should check it out" - DOMINIC JONES, The Star Wars Underworld
"Honestly, 'Outer Space (I'm Coming Home)' might be my favorite thing you've done. I LOVE the sound!"
- DAN ZEHR, Coffee With Kenobi
"Loved 'Rebel Girl', and the timely message of the chorus. Really dug the bass line, the octave vocals, and that keyboard solo, total Ray Manzarek vibe/ Break on Through, yeah! The 80s alt 60s acid vibe fits the rebellious spirit nicely."
- DAVID W. COLLINS, Lucasfilm / The Soundtrack Show host
"F105 is exactly what you’d expect from a band who’s stolen their name from the most mysterious elements of Canadian aerospace myth and legend [CF-105 Avro Arrow]. Like its name sake, F105 brings the listener on a journey that is sleek in design, cutting the edge of all sonic barriers before them and landing the listener in the heart of every matter they’ve put to tape, track after track. One part geek-dom, one part rock and one part solid musicianship, equate to an album that pushes the listener into the stratosphere of the new can-pop-rock landscape." – STEVE KRAUS, CKLU 96.7FM
"I just really like this artist" - HOWIE ZOWIE, 94.9 CHRW London Ontario
"Din's vocals are raw and expressive. 'Viljo and Elsa' is a highlight of the album, a mesmerizing waltz about Finnish immigrants coming to Canada" - ANYA WASSENBERG, Art and Culture Maven
"Very cool!!!! [Rebel Girl]" - BONNIE BURTON Author, CNET
"Two years is a long time to wait for an album, but I can promise you, F-105 was worth the wait. The music is always enjoyable and I love how he blends vocal sounds. Din’s lyrics are sometimes fun, sometimes serious and always thought-provoking."
- MELISSA MINNERS, G-Pop album review
Never satisfied with repeating himself, Din's follow up 'F-105 II: Side B' to the 'F-105' debut departs from the tight anthemic rock of the former, with a loose live-off-the-floor acoustic album - a tuneful, introspective and even celestial approach to singer/songwriter/roots music. Lead track (single 2) 'Outer Space' reaches inward as well as for the stars (maintaining a sense of fun), while 'Finally Found A Way' (single 2) rollicks along with raw bursting energy and a curiously unique approach to blues lyrics. Side B is the second half of F-105 II, the first half, 'F-105 II: Side A', will be released at a later date.
As F-105, in support The debut album, Din completed his first world tour (2018-19) with shows in clubs and festivals across Canada, The U.S. and Europe) It's first single ‘Rebel Girl/Desert Planet’ received wide coverage and critical acclaim with Din’s growing global Star Wars fandom fan base - with play and interviews on a wide variety of popular Star Wars podcasts. ‘Rebel Girl’ also made its debut on national CBC radio July 21 2018.
Din has also released 5 albums with his other project The Soles, performing hundreds of shows and festivals across North America, and garnishing multi-national radio play.
'F-105 II: Side B' is recorded and released by Meriläinen Müsic Inc.
Highlights and Press
• F-105 journey into 'Outer Space' - Fantha Tracks May 4, 2021
• Commerical radio debut of F-105 II: Side B on Erin Radio 91.7 FM March 28, 2021
• F-105 II: Side B feature article in Roots Music Canada March 2021
• 'Outer Space (I'm Coming Home)' debuts on Skywalking Through Neverland, The Star Wars Underworld, and Culture Slate podcasts March 2021
• F-105 II: Side B review by Art And Culture Maven March 17, 2021
• Songs from F-105 II: Side B makes college radio debut on CIUT (Toronto), Radio Crown (Baltimore), CFRU (Guelph), CHRW (London ON) Feb/Mar 2021, and Desert Planet Disks (Podcast) etc. February/March 2021
• Din's panel on the Hero's Journey in his songwriting at the first ever virtual Star Wars festival August 2020
• Story of debut album song 'Viljo And Elsa' featured in Finish-Canadian cultural magazine October 2019
• Debut album featured on 94.9 CHRW London Ontario January 2019
• Din hosted CIUT 89.5 FM 'Ruby Slippers' show in Toronto, incl. F-105 songs October 2018
• Completed F-105 First Flight World Tour (Leg 1). Entire tour video playlist here September 2018
• Canadian Beats F-105 album review September 2018
• Art and Culture Maven F-105 album review August 2018
• G-Pop F-105 album review August 2018
• Continued weekly feature of album tracks at CIUT FM Toronto June 2018
• Rebel Girl debuts live with interview on Skywalking Through Neverland March 2018
• Completed a 20 show solo tour, from Victoria BC to Orlando FL to workshop F-105 songs January-April 2017
• Din appeared live at Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017 Podcast Stage April 12, 2017
• F-105 Live at Finn Festival Canada 2021 June 21-25 2021
• F-105 Live at Skylight Festival Paris ON July 17 & 18, 2021•
• Din sings at World Cup Of Hockey 2017
• Din performed on CHCH Morning Live in Hamilton with his group The Soles February 15, 2017
• Din headlines Grace Hartman Amphitheatre, Sudbury ON with his group The Soles August 2013
• Din sings at Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010
f105music (at) outlook (dot) com
© F105 Music All Rights Reserved
#f105 #f-105 #f105music #F-105 music #f-105 Ii Side B #f105IIsideB #canadianmusic #alternativemusic #indiemusic #folkmusic #rootsmusiccanada