Introducing F-105, the new project from Din
Debut album out now!
"Loved Rebel Girl, and the timely message of the chorus. Really dug the bass line, the octave vocals, and that keyboard solo, total Ray Manzarek vibe/ Break on Through, yeah! The 80s alt 60s acid vibe fits the rebellious spirit nicely."
- DAVID W. COLLINS, Lucasfilm / The Soundtrack Show host
"F105 is exactly what you’d expect from a band who’s stolen their name from the most mysterious elements of Canadian aerospace myth and legend [CF-105 Avro Arrow]. Like its name sake, F105 brings the listener on a journey that is sleek in design, cutting the edge of all sonic barriers before them and landing the listener in the heart of every matter they’ve put to tape, track after track. One part geek-dom, one part rock and one part solid musicianship, equate to an album that pushes the listener into the stratosphere of the new can-pop-rock landscape." – STEVE KRAUS, CKLU 96.7FM
“Desert Planet is as infectious as the Rakghoul virus. I’m betting that by the end of 2018, F-105 are like Tatooine sand and get everywhere.”
- MARK NEWBOLD, Fantha Tracks
"I just really like this artist" - HOWIE ZOWIE, 94.9 CHRW London Ontario
"Din's vocals are raw and expressive. Viljo and Elsa is a highlight of the album, a mesmerizing waltz about Finnish immigrants coming to Canada" - Art and Culture Maven album review
"Very cool!!!! [Rebel Girl]" - BONNIE BURTON Author, CNET
"Rebel Girl is awesome! We loved It" - Skytalkers podcast
"Two years is a long time to wait for an album, but I can promise you, F-105 was worth the wait. The music is always enjoyable and I love how he blends vocal sounds. Din’s lyrics are sometimes fun, sometimes serious and always thought-provoking."
- G-Pop album review
"I love Rebel Girl! The bass line is awesome, I couldn't stop tapping my feet!"
- DAN ZEHR, Coffee With Kenobi
F-105 is a new project from Din (lead vocals and guitar). After a 5 album adventure with his band The Soles, performing hundreds of shows and festivals across North America, and garnishing multi-national radio play, Din was ready to explore new sonic skies.
The album’s first single ‘Rebel Girl/Desert Planet’ received wide coverage and critical acclaim with Din’s growing global Star Wars fandom fan base - with play and interviews on a wide variety of popular Star Wars podcasts. ‘Rebel Girl’ also made its debut on national CBC radio July 21 2018.
F-105’s 8 song debut album was a 2 year recording process. It continues to combine Din’s lyrical focus on mythology and hero's journey themes in songs like ‘Rebel Girl’ and ‘Desert Planet,’ along with an exploration of Canadian storytelling and myth making, in songs like ‘No Man’s Land and ‘Viljo & Elsa’. The latter song, with others like ‘October 1st’ and ‘Mileage’ push their alternative rock sound into fresh territory with the use of the Finnish stringed kantele instrument – played by co-producer Marc Meriläinen, who also provided guitar and organ instrumentation on the record. It was co-produced and mixed by another long-time collaborator Alex Mine, who also plays drums and percussion on the record. The self-titled F-105 album was released July 27 2018, with Din's first world tour!
Highlights and Press /
• Currently workshopping new songs live to prepare for next album recording
• Story of debut album song 'Viljo And Elsa' featured in Finish-Canadian cultural magazine Oct '19
• Debut album featured on 94.9 CHRW London Ontario Jan 5 '19
• Din hosted CIUT 89.5 FM 'Ruby Slippers' show in Toronto, incl. F-105 songs Oct 11 '18
• Completed F-105 First Flight World Tour (Leg 1). Entire tour video playlist here Sept '18
• Canadian Beats F-105 album review Sept '18
• Art and Culture Maven F-105 album review Aug '18
• G-Pop F-105 album review Aug '18
• Continued weekly feature of album tracks at CIUT FM Toronto Jun 21 '18
• Desert Planet / Rebel Girl single featured at Fantha Tracks (UK)
• Desert Planet featured at retrozap.com and debuts live with interview on Skywalking Through Neverland Mar 15 '18
• Din completed a 20 show solo tour, from Victoria BC to Orlando FL to workshop and promote F-105 songs Jan-Apr '17
• Din appeared live at Star Wars Celebration 2017 Podcast Stage (On Fandom Awakens Radio), Orlando Apr 12 '17
Other Notable Performances /
• F-105 Live at Star Wars Celebration Chicago Apr 12 '19
• Din sings at World Cup Of Hockey 2017
• Din performed on CHCH Morning Live in Hamilton with his group The Soles Feb 15 '17
• Din headlines Grace Hartman Amphitheatre, Sudbury ON with his group The Soles Aug '13
• Din sings at 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics
f105music (at) outlook (dot) com
© F105 Music All Rights Reserved